Job Description – Electrical Department Retail Manager
Tadhg O’Connor Ltd is one of Limerick’s largest retailers with a complete offering from foundations to furnishings. Established in 1977, this family run business now operates three stores in Co. Limerick, a builders providers in both Rathkeale and Newcastle West as well as a state of the art 30,000 square foot Electrical and Furniture showroom in Rathkeale.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in a dynamic retail environment, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE JOB: Manager (Electrical Department)
Tadhg O’Connor Ltd joined to Euronics Electrical Group in early 2018 and the business has gone from strength to strength. The Company are now seeking to hire an experienced, career focused, ambitious and determined person who will have the potential to grow and form part of the senior management team in the Tadhg O’Connor Ltd Group.
• Reporting to the Managing Director
• Responsibility for the management of the Euronics department within Tadhg O’Connor Ltd.
• Planning and operational control are essential components of the role.
• Ensuring that high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved and maintained at all times.
YOUR JOB – your tasks will include:
• Overall responsibility for Euronics store within Tadhg O’Connor Ltd and the achievement of clearly defined individual and team sales and customer service targets.
• Manage the store business operations, including managing profit and loss, special promotions, merchandising, displays and events, facility management, safety and security.
• Responsibility for electrical goods stock management, including ordering, receiving, price changes, execution of stocktakes, handling damaged products and returns.
• Joint responsibility alongside the Furniture Floor Manager for the look and feel of the entire store in terms of display and point of sale (Furniture and Electrical Departments).
• Team development, facilitating staff learning, training and development using your experience.
• Problem solving, handling unusual circumstances.
• Provide top class customer service; be on hand to help customers by providing information; answer questions; obtain merchandise requested; complete payment transactions and prepare merchandise for delivery.
• Meet and/or exceed store targets as directed by the company.
• Measure and monitor sales figures and make any needed adjustments for individual and/or group selling strategies.
• Reporting to the Group board on a monthly basis on sales performance versus budget and other key KPIs.
YOUR PROFILE – your knowledge, skills and experience include:
: You will have held a managerial position in a retail environment (preferably electrical). Experience and product knowledge within the Electrical & Computer industry will be an important factor. Experience in a furniture retailer would also be beneficial.
• Strong Leader of People:
Demonstrating strong leadership skills which help provide direction, build loyalty & trust, and maintain motivation & focus within a team.
• Sales and Performance Coaching:
Enhancing individual and team performance by raising awareness and responsibility, creating a culture of ongoing development with a focus on developing knowledge, skills and attitudes to positively influence performance, potential, results and the achievement of company objectives.
• Hardworking, Conscientious and Self Motivated:
Ability to focus efforts and energy on successfully achieving standards of excellence in delivery of goals and objectives.
• Presentation Skills:
You will have the ability to set budgets and to present on the performance of the business unit to the board on a monthly basis. Excel and Powerpoint skills will be required.
a sense of humour whilst not mandatory – will be looked upon favourably! We all work hard but we like to have fun doing it !
• A very attractive remuneration package – including a contributory pension scheme, Store Discounts, Christmas Bonus, Quarterly Bonus Package that is accelerated if pre-agreed targets are exceeded.
To apply, please email a copy of
your CV along with a cover letter to